Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Goin HAM wit Theodore Grams

He doesn't have it all, but he's got talent!! This electro/hip hop artist has #boing-ed his way into my ears! With a unique personality, and a up beat attitude, Theodore Grams is making his mark in the world of Philadelphia sounds with his hard hitting beats and lyrics. Young Grams, at the age of 21... has already worked with Philly Natives Chiddy bang, Yung Triz, Mont Brown  Pace... along with a host of artist that get off on his beats. With mixtapes Great Job 1,1 and some Change, 2, 3, Theo's Revenge, and Pocket Full Of Dreams #poppington the only way for this young man to go is up!!!!!

Q: Where the hell did you get the name Theodore Grams from?
A: "Well I used to be fat, so every body called me Teddy... like Teddy Grams. Then a friend of the Family (like an uncle to me...he passed) said he wasn't callin no grown ass man Teddy. So he called me Theodore! So I rocked out with that, and I respected the fact he respected me as a grown ass man!"

Q:How long have you doing music?
A: "Since I was 6-7, started writing songs since at 11, started doin it on some serious shit about 14.... I'm 21 now."

Q: When did you realize that music is what you wanted to do with your life?
A: "Ummm, The Roots video with Erykah Badu and everyone laying on the ground! That shit freaked me out, cause I was always wondering, I don't think my mind was far enough to fantum the concept. I knew they were all laying there for a reason. So I kept listening to the song, then I was listening to the hook like woo, I like Erykah Badu.... And from there started fuckin with like Lauryn Hill and people like that. hat was just my type of music!"

Q:What Type of music would you say you've made?
A: "Electro Hip Hop."

Q: what kind of person would you say you are?
A: "Hmmmm, great question! I'm a free spirit!"

Q: Right now, who are you woking with?
A: "Ummm, Yung Triz! That a close family friend. Chiddy Bang, on their up and coming album.... it's a long story behind that! A Production team that raps called "The Frat" which is a group of family friends and people I knew since yey high! Then The Astronauts with Mont Brown and Pace-O!"

Q: Do you have a favorite out of everybody your working with right now, and why?
A: "Favorites, as in music? Huh, I would say my favorite for beats right now would be Xahpoon Jones. It's the mash up of beats he does, CRAZY MASH UP's that just make sense!"


Q: Of all the things that you do, if you could be anything else... would you still rap?
A: "I think I would still rap! I think if anything I would want to Ghost writer as well. I would wanna drop a jawn every quarter, I'm not going to lie... I kind of like the control aspect of the game now!"


Grams went on to talk about a clothing lines "Frog Nation" and "DogTown" that he say's stands for originality and quality! I asked him about the frog on the shirt of Frog Nation and his response was...
"When you think of a frog, you don't think of as anything else but that. They are what they are. The color of them helps them stand out in a crowd and that's what we do!"
Love it!!!!!!!!
It's always fun to talk to some one who loves being the who they are! Weather your a weirdo, a asshole,a saint, or a down to earth person.... Theodore Grams music is for you!!! This artist is in a lane of his own. And dont for get to support Frog Nation ran by twin Nyimah and Nulan which is slowly but surly become the cloths for the unique! If raw is what you want, Raw is what he'll give!!!!


www.facebook.com/TheodoreGrams
www.twitter.com/@therealtheograms
www.myspace.com/TheodoreGrams
www.datpiff/theodoregrams

No comments:

Post a Comment