Friday, April 22, 2011

Fightin The Musical war With Da Troopa

When I first started to get into "THE SCENE", I had the pleasure of bumping into a very talented you women who's aristic side is so veritile that it goes beyond a first impression. When I look at this women, I see a rounded, intelligent, radient, and rough!! The "Million Dollar Mami" gave me a few minutes of her time to talk aout music, money, and main priorities of hers right now being a women in this industry!


Q: How long have you been doing Music?
A: "I'd say about 15 years!

Q: You been doing this for a few years, what else besides rap are you into?
A: "See this is what a lot of people don't know about me....... I am multi-talented! I just don't focus on one genre. First and for most, I am a writer, that is what i specialize in, that's my main field. But I been singing since I was 4 as well. I been dancing since I was 6, and writing since 7 (started writing poems)!  Dancing at 12.  " 14-15 started beat making and here i am!!!

Q: You've been making a lot of noise for some time now, what would you say has been your inspiration behind it all?
A: "I would say my drive....my music, my love for the game! you know... I just wanna tell my story, and I'm fortunate enough to be surrounded by people that wanna hear it and not judge it! My supporters.... they are a big influence and motivation, My haters, their motivation! his is me letting the youth know that you can do and be what ever the fu@k you want to be! Cant nobody stop you! you wanna be a rocket scientist, be a rocket scientist! Cant nobody tell you shit! That's why I make the music that I make..... I'm tired of this bubble gum shit!

Q:As a women in a predominately man's industry, how does it feel?
A:"It feels great!" Laughing she says "Cause alot of guys aint hotter than my female artist! Female artist is shutting shit down this year! They can either accept us as their equal, or we can just continue to give them a run for their money! And I hope the rest of my females aint gonna slow down their process neither! It's either run with us or run from us!! ITS THAT SIMPLE"

Q: Who in music would you say you looked up to?
A: "I would say more old school hip hop! Big Daddy Kane, Three Time Dope (hunington Park), the females like Queen Latifa and then Busta Ryhms....Emieim

Q:What artists thats out right now that you would say are dope in their own right, and not just rappers with hot beats?
A: "Imma say my Three Times Dope! Reed Dollaz! He really makes sense.He re invented himself the second time around and I'm proud of him. The project came out nice! I would like to say Spittage, H man, Izzie,  Ape Gang, Redface, Its so many talented people in my city that its crazy!Females, Bahamidiyah, EVE... she help put Philadelphia on the map for the ladies! I wanna say Ms. Jade, Nina, Fuck That!! I wanna say Drizz, Honest Phire, Hadonis, Baby Doll and you Ghingy! There are so many people that Ididnt get the chance to meet. We're ALL DOPE- ALL THE WAY!"

Q: They sayPhilly artists are some of the most talented people... why dont you think they dont make it?
A: "Because their to talented! Their so talented that they dont work hard! You can have talent, but if you dont have drive.... your gonna be sitting in drives way not goin no where! All the talent in the world and not going no where! And they dont get no where because their stuck in their city! I love my city, but Philly is a bunch of crabs in a barrel!"

Listen, I lie not when I say this chick is HARD AS NAILS and passionate as a motha fu*ka! I loved the honesty in her replies and the sincerity in her voice as she answerd. She said "In Philly its to many bosses, not enough worker! Too many cheifs, not enough Indians! How you gonna run a tribe with nobody with you? Everybody wants to be a King and Queen, but they don't take care of their kingdom!" i thought that was as real as it gets. I enjoyed my time talking with Da Troopa, When I asked her was there anything else she would like to say before I rapped it up and she told me "It's like reading a book! seriously, it's all right there! I ain't gotta lie to ya'll. I dont even know ya'll I dont give a fuck..... It's all right there!




1 comment: