Friday, April 1, 2011

Shootin the Breeze With Dell-P

I have had the pleasure of working with and bumping shoulders with a number of Philly Artist. But when I met Verdell Smith Better known as Dell-P, he gave me a taste of what a real MC is! With a twist of the old school hip hop splashed with modern day lyrics..Dell-P has a sytle of his own that shines without a doubt!!

Q:You've been doing this for a while, but when did you start making music?
A: "Well, I started when I was 9 yrs old!"


Q: What was the first song you wrote?
A: "The first song I wrote was for a school talent show. I got a standing ovation so I said Imma go for it!"


Q:Who inspired you?
A: "Well two of my uncles! My uncle Paul and my Uncle Shawn! they both ripped it!!"


Q: When did you start to take music seriously?
A: "In 11th grade! I was in Overbrook sitting at the table with Pooda brown and Raw Buck of D-Block... we all use to sit at the tables at lunch and go in!"

Q: What are droppin out of B.A.U?
A: "Well I'm dropping my album "ABOVE THE RADAR" featuring Donnie Boy, Ghingy Miles, Doe Boy, DS, Hydro, and Corey Wims are all on thwe album!! My first single is "Comfort Zone" ft. Corey Wims! That's the single we're trying to get poppin, trying to get that on the radio! The album is crazy, its a hip hop album....something everybody can rock to!"

Q: How passionate would you say you are about the music you make?
A: "Passion... This is my life! If I didnt have music I would be crazy! On some real sh!t, Music is the only thing that keeps me going, even when people say "you aint given up?" It keeps me goin!


Q: What do you think about the music thats out now?
A: "Actually I dont think about music out now! But shout out to Wale, J Cole, and Jay Electronica because their bringing hip hop back! Iknow its been watered down, and it's still alot of watered down music out here! But shout out to Young Chriss And Meek! They Reppin the city hard right now!"

He says he knows what REAL HIP HOP SOUNDS LIKE, And Im going to say I agree with him! He has been a name ringing bells in Philly for some years now, and I dont see him letting up at all! Truely a dope artist in his own right.... Dell P, KEEP ROCKIN!

FIND MUSIC FROM DELL P @: http://www.reverbnation.com/dellp

1 comment:

  1. Nice piece ms. miles and shout out my homie peezie......@FAHDAGANG

    ReplyDelete