Friday, April 1, 2011

Coolin off with AkA SUP

I met a very talented man a few months ago. Levi Falice akaSUP is a artist, a graphic designer, a engineer who has a passion so raw to be GREAT, that you just can't hate this multi- tasker!
Q: How long have you been doing music?
A: "I been doin music since '94. I started in True Vine Baptist Church on West Leihigh Ave (still a member). I started out singing Alto in the choir, then playing the drums. About a month later I started recording.....that was the start of everything!"
Q: How old were you when you started recording?
A: "I was 15! I started out on a karaoke machine at a friends house right off of Broad & Giraud."
Q: Why do you love music so much?
A: "I love music because it's like clay, and it can be shaped into anything. It's not solidified or concrete. Music can be anything you want it to be. I love it's innocence for the most part!"    
 
Q: What keeps you inspired?
A: "I can't really pin point anything its just in me to do it. I don't know what else to do besides music…… there are other things I like, like art and extra but music is just in me! I just do it!"
Q: Being a artist, an engineer, and a graphic design, which 1 hold your attention the most?
A: "Rapping! When I got into creating music and not playing instruments, I got more into the production . After I went from studio to studio paying money not getting the sound wanted, I learned to do other things so I could get that sound I heard in my head!"
You know what I think it's dope that  he sees art from so many different angles and appreciated all of it! I SUP to tell me about himself… he said "I am your worst nightmare if you are doing the same thing I'm doing! I'm cool! and I'm a person who does it for no other reason but for the love of it! I am art from every aspect!" I love when an artist can speak their minds, just the free-ness of the words are art alone!

1 comment: